Canberra’s Biggest bamboo flooring stockist
Rustic styles new colours or scratch proof* finish bamboo flooring now in stock.
ECOPLUS Bamboo is specified as the
- highest quality
- highest strength
- easiest install system
- meeting and exceeding the safest production, quality and indoor air quality standards in the world. (as there are no standards in AU we follow the strictest international standards)
This is why so many builders and installers recommend that their customers buy their new bamboo floors from Carpet Factory.
“My Builder recommended Ecoplus Bamboo. He told me Carpet factory is the place to purchase the best bamboo flooring for my home”
Kate // Carpet factory Customer
BAMBOO FLOORING direct from the factory… Now in stock at Carpet Factory.
For over 15 years we have been supplying and installing Bamboo Flooring in Canberra and surrounding regions.
We truly know Bamboo flooring, and only stock the best available product!
Why take chances with inferior product. Carpet Factory’s Bamboo flooring is custom made to our exacting standards and we have the ultimate proven track record in bamboo flooring.
With new Bamboo Flooring stock arrivals every month, come and see the current fresh batches, in stock and in store Today!
ALL NEW BAMBOO RENEWABLE SOLID/FLOATING FLOORING…
These colours AND MORE
PLUS our exclusive new 100% SCRATCH PROOF FINISH
in stock and available now!* (*colours limited)
Now available in ALL NEW Eco Plus ULTIMATE Solid Bamboo Flooring!
(see in store for current batch samples and new styles and colours)
“SIMPLY THE BEST BAMBOO FLOORING ON THE MARKET”
In stock & ready to go!!!
Please note: all our strand woven bamboo flooring is the strongest 1.4 cm thick (14 mm) solid flooring.
(We do not sell the lower grade 1.2 cm (12 mm) product or incorrect species, or immature harvest bamboo, carpet factory bamboo is premium quality)
SW BAMBOO V2.1 V2.4
- More Durable
- Easier to install
- More Water Resistant
- Longer lasting
- Not stained or dyed (coffee, mocha, amber and honey)
- Available in light and dark colours
- 14 mm solid flooring
- Strand woven from high altitude slow growth bamboo for the ultimate structural integrity.
- Higher water resistant properties than other bamboo or timber flooring products!*
This is the best available bamboo flooring on the market.
Specifically made and stored for the ACT climate.
We stock all the trims and accessories to do the job right.
Plus have a choice of various qualities of underlay with acoustic, moisture prevention and thermal options to perfectly suit your floor.
And we won’t be beaten quality or price!!!
(Come and see us instore for the best price)
This bamboo is spectacular on the floor!!!
With over 45 years of flooring experience, Carpet Factory can supply all the know how and experience to do the job properly.
- Colours: Popular – Amber – Mocha – Natural HONEY, Natural COFFEE, Lime WHITE, Walnut, Jarrah
- Other colours and more… (see in store)
- Profile: Full Click with Easy install and a water resistant coating. Full lock (Glueless install)
- 14 mm Thickness
- Hardness (Janka Test): 5050 – 5300
- Finishes: 65% gloss/satin finish (recommended for best long term appearance)
- Coatings: 9 coat now including double ceramic finish top coat for 10 layers in total.
- Emission Rating: < E0 (exceeding recommended W.H.O. levels)
Warranty: 25 years Structural (manufacturer backed)
Certiifications: FSC, ISO9001, ISO1400, CE, CARB, SGS
Photographed under natural day light (56k)* More colour options available in store*
Green from Start to Finish – More about our strand woven bamboo 9 layer finish…. NOW WITH DOUBLE LAYER FINAL COAT – 10 layer finish.
Why Carpet Factory Eco Plus Bamboo is the Eco Friendly Alternative.
Bamboo has gained a solid reputation as an eco-friendly, highly renewable source of material. As a grass, bamboo grows much faster than wood. Moso Bamboo is the primary species used for the manufacturing of bamboo flooring. It can grow up to 47 inches in 24 hours and 78½ feet high in 40 to 50 days. It takes about 3–5 years for bamboo to reach full maturity. Traditional hard woods can take 20–120 years to mature.
- The major benefit of Bamboo for flooring is that it can be harvested without the need to replant, because the root system is left intact when it is harvested. The rhizome root structure has the ability to hold the soil in place preventing erosion. Rhizome root structures are horizontal stems that grow below the surface and help a plant reproduce vegetatively. Plants with rhizomes will colonize or spread laterally.
- Bamboo reaches maturity in five years which is the optimal age to harvest. In a sustainably harvested forest only 20% of the forest is harvested annually allowing for 100% harvest in a five-year period. In its natural environment it will need no irrigation, no pesticides, and no fertilizer. Bamboo has few pests so pesticides are not required.
- Our Bamboo flooring is certified to the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). The The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an international organisation established in 1993 to promote responsible management of the world’s Forests. The FSC certifies manufacturers and producers who engaged in forest management that ensures that the harvest of timber and non-timber products maintains the forest’s biodiversity, productivity, and ecological processes. They maintain a criteria for environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
- Did you know Bamboo can sequester up to 70% more carbon per year than a hardwood forest?
All these factors keep the carbon footprint low and produce probably the greatest timber look flooring on the market. *(Details sourced from wikepedia and the FSC)
Carbonized Bamboo Natural Bamboo Lime Wash (whitewash bamboo flooring)
Photographed under indoor tungsten artificial light (32k approx)* More colour options available in store*
“i have installed thousands of timber and bamboo floors. The Carpet Factory – Eco Plus Bamboo flooring is, without a doubt, the best Bamboo flooring I have ever worked with”
Richard (Wood flooring installer)
- Our Bamboo Flooring Manufacturer supplies over 3 million square metres of bamboo flooring per year to the USA market alone.
- Our Manufacturer is one of the few bamboo flooring manufacturer that complies to Both the FSC Sustainable Forestry Practices and Carb/SGS industry Practices certificates, as well as all other major industry standards and compliance certifications.
- Carpet Factory deals direct with the factory to allow the best value Bamboo flooring at the highest quality standard available today.
- Carpet Factory only stocks the highest grade of bamboo flooring available. We do not cut corners on our product quality to lower our costs price or increase profits.
- Carpet factory bamboo reaches the marked with the lowest possible handling and transport. Direct from the factory to our store with the least amount of transport and no double handling.
TO REQUEST A QUOTE “CLICK HERE”
or Visit the Carpet Factory Showroom (click here)
Carpet Factory can provide professional installation of bamboo flooring. However most customers will find the it simple and easy to DIY install Ecoplus bamboo. Here are some progress pictures from our customers who have installed the product themselves.
If you would like your DIY Ecoplus Bamboo Flooring project shown on the site please contact us.
The Australian industry standard measure of timber hardness is known as the Janka hardness test and is measured in kilonewtons (kN). The Janka test measures the force required to embed an 11.28 mm steel ball into the test wood to half its diameter.
The janka test is probably the best measure for a wood species ability to withstand denting and wear.
The higher the Janka Rating, the harder the timber is.
|Species||Janka (kN)||Species||Janka (kN)|
|Bamboo (Ecoplus*)||min 16 +++|
|Santos Mahogany||12.0||Copper Cherry||11.6|
|Karri||9.0||Sydney Blue Gum||9.0|
|Rose Gum||7.5||Australian Beech||7.5|
|Bamboo (V)||6.58||Bamboo (H)||5.87|
|White oak||6.0||Tasmanian Oak||5.5|
|Alpine Ash||4.9||Victorian Ash||4.5
Janka Australian Hardness rating is 16+ or higher for Eco Plus. This is a Conservative number as the product has been tested in the USA easily achieving 4000+ rating using the USA Janka ranking.
That may give the product an Australian Janka rating of about 24, 25 or 26 and even higher in the Janka test mentioned above.
We conservatively give a ranking of 16+ as this is well beyond the needs of most domestic flooring and well beyond the ranking of the most common timber flooring.
CARB Compliant Phase 2
Ecoplus bamboo is classified as Ultra low VOC Under the worlds most stringent specifications.
“I tried to save a few dollars and installed one room with product from another “vendor.” Never again. It became the most expensive firewood i’ve ever bought.
You (Carpet Factory) had all the “proper” accessories and the best product and advice for me to complete the job properly. I regret not using you guys in the first place and will be back for more for my parents coast house” – Neil (Wanniassa)
Our bamboo flooring can be laid on any stable indoor surface, including timber, concrete, tiles and even slate.
- Our latest range of bamboo products are produced from plantation bamboo crops grown from ecologically sustainable renewable plantations.
- Our newest patented click lock strand woven range is by far one of the easiest floating floors to install.
- It is more water resistant than most low air bamboo on the market*
- Due to our dramatic price drops, It is up to half the price of many strand woven bamboo floorings available today.
- It is stronger and more dent resistant than almost any other timber flooring available.
- Plus, it has a 25 year wear and lifetime structural warranty!
Because Carpet Factory has been in this business for over 45 years, you know that you can be safe ordering from us!
Come and see us today for a quote and the best possible price.
- Bulk order discounts available and full installation advice is available to all our DIY customers.
- For supply and install we have the best flooring installers ready and waiting to create your masterpiece of a floor.
- For all our customers, we offer a full selection of trims, accessories and items you need to get the job done properly. – We will not leave you high and dry with the job only half done.
- Plus all our accessories and underlays are built to Australian standards for both sound absorption, thermal properties and material contents.
Why risk your floor to a “here today gone tomorrow” trader. Drop by today to discuss your floors full potential with Carpet Factory!
- please note: We do not repair half complete installations from sub standard installs or low grade bamboo.
- our trims and accessories are a courtesy service we supply for our bamboo flooring products only.
- All Carpet Factory’s bamboo products are the latest generation with the best options on the market. We do not cut corners. We only provide the best bamboo flooring on the market that is perfect for Canberra and NSW climate and exceeds the safest global indoor air quality emissions standards at the time of production.
- Carpet Factory is a Canberra Bamboo flooring specialist since 2000.
- *scratch proof oiled finishes are easily touched up with natural flooring oils if the oil is scraped off. Oiled finishes require regular maintanance to maintain the oil finish look. Manufactures recommened once yearly re-coating or as needed.
- Oiled bamboo finish can be recoated with Timbrex Natural Floor Finish or a equivalent compatible flooring oil.
- For accurate colours and finishes in current stock colours please see in store for current dye lots and colours in the current batches.
- For full details and options please see in store for all currently available options.
Leave a Reply